
Today was my last day in primary so I figured why not do something fun? I whipped up a game that involved tricks or treats. If they rolled a treat they got to wrap me up like a mummy, sing a song in a fun way, or play Sister Tobler says. If they rolled a trick they had to answer a Halloween riddle. Everything was going along just as planned, the kids were singing, I wasn't crying for the first time in the past three weeks (giving up our ward for the sake of a bigger home was quite the challenge for me) and they were having fun.
It was then little Deloris's (age 4) turn to roll the die. She got up excited as could be and rolled a trick. I then read her this riddle: "What do you call a witch who lives at the beach?" She thought about it for about a second and then shouted out full volume "A B!TCH!!" All of the other children laughed most of then not knowing what that was and started shouting "the word". I was so shocked I just stood there with my mouth open while all of the other teachers looked at me stunned. I mean what are you supposed to do when children swear in church. I quickly explained to them that, we are not supposed to use that word and told them the correct answer was a "Sand witch." I looked at my pianist and told her to just play a song so we could sing and move on. I was mortified, yet I was laughing so hard I cried. It was a fine finale as primary chorister.
It was then little Deloris's (age 4) turn to roll the die. She got up excited as could be and rolled a trick. I then read her this riddle: "What do you call a witch who lives at the beach?" She thought about it for about a second and then shouted out full volume "A B!TCH!!" All of the other children laughed most of then not knowing what that was and started shouting "the word". I was so shocked I just stood there with my mouth open while all of the other teachers looked at me stunned. I mean what are you supposed to do when children swear in church. I quickly explained to them that, we are not supposed to use that word and told them the correct answer was a "Sand witch." I looked at my pianist and told her to just play a song so we could sing and move on. I was mortified, yet I was laughing so hard I cried. It was a fine finale as primary chorister.
4 comments:
Tyler told me of this little mishap yesterday when he got home from church... HILARIOUS!!!!! Such a great riddle too!!!!
Love ya... Sorry I didn't get to see you on your last sunday :(
Oh My Gosh! That is sooo funny! haha
That is so funny! I am still laughing about it. Sorry that happened to you though. I would have been mortified!
this made me laugh so hard!!!!!! I LOVED this story!!! hahahahahahahaha
Post a Comment