Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Date Night

Upon returning home from Canada we had to have a date night with Mom and Dad Tobler to exchange stories from our Christmas's and to give them a few presents.

No they didn't exactly ask for memory foam kitchen mats but I think they like them. This was more a gift for me to put in their house. Their tile floor makes my feet hurt after standing on it for any length of time and I only end up cooking when I'm at their house. No fear, they got other presents as well. :) We then dashed off to Costco for the romantic atmosphere and high end pizza ;). Seriously though... I love Costco pizza!

We then headed out to Tivoli Square (a new shopping center less than a mile away from our house) to take some pictures of the lights. They were just beautiful!

They weren't just the average bulb but little flowers. I loved how vivid the colours were.

Mom and I have come to the realization that most of our pictures just end up getting deleted. After scrolling through some of these from that night I discovered that the photo's where I thought I was being oh so clever with angles and such, really weren't all that impressive. It takes more than a nice camera... it takes a good eye!

Which is when we resort to simple pictures such as these! :)

These little nooks were a lot of fun though. Jakob and I had a pose off.

He clearly won. We had such a wonderful evening with Mom and Dad. Thank you for the Christmas gifts and the joy of your company! We're sure glad that you're home now!

4 comments:

The Nielsons said...

Yes, Jakob one, I love the one of him in a half squat almost as tho he is saying "ya baby ya, you want this"... Anyway, you two are adorable... Love ya.

The Nielsons said...

Sorry I meant won! Also your pictures are great!!! Keep playing with that camera, I may need you to take some of Addi and I soon... LOL. :)

Janet said...

Ok love the poses, but those lights are awesome.

The Mom Tobler said...

You forgot to mention the big dinner at Costco. Nothing says romance like Costco's food court.