Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Strike!

I love date night!! Our nights out on the town are seriously numbered (only 5 left!) so we want to take full advantage while it is still just the two of us. As a disclaimer yes, we did arrange this group evening activity however both Jakob and I seriously suck at bowling. We have zero talent what so ever!! The nice part is... some of our friends aren't so good either :).

Here I am rocking my 34 week baby bump. It was almost the exact same size as my bowling ball. I swear my bump threw off my equilibrium either that or my ball had magnets that were attracted to the gutter because I wasn't only bad... I was terrible!!

Jakob has always been bad at bowling but gosh it is fun to watch him. I love his Michael Jackson stance. It was an unintentional trademark. Since he is not exactly the "cream of the crop" when it comes to bowling he likes to goof around. David was using Jakob as a lucky charm to try and get his third strike in a row. They were going to throw at the same time so Jakob starts off "One.... Two..." and then he beelines it for Davids lane and tosses his ball down. Let's just say he didn't get a strike for David. What a brat! It's a good things David is a good sport! I don't think he'll ever use Jakob as a lucky charm again. :)

This is Chuck's power stance. He literally did this almost every throw!

Britni was on her game! She beat everyone!! For some reason however she was ALWAYS left with one pin still standing. Just one! She had a lot of spares and a couple strikes but that one pin was persistent!

This is the dragon dance. Yes.... it's odd looking I know. I don't remember what exactly brought the dragon dance to pass but it was one of those silly things that happened in the privacy of our own home so I wouldn't be embarrassed. Jakob brought it up while bowling and I said I would only do it if I got a strike (thinking I was totally off the hook because there was no chance that was going to happen.) As soon as I got my strike everyone yells out "DRAGON DANCE!" And I'm sure half of the bowling ally was watching me. For some reason it just isn't the same dance when you're not pregnant, It has something to do with a big belly. Gosh it was embarrassing having what felt like half of the ally watching this preggo chick do this STUPID dance and rarely do I get embarrassed.

It was a fun filled evening that was followed up with shakes at our place and lairs dice! Thanks to everyone who made it!! :)

3 comments:

Jenna Scott said...

5 days left until what?

Stephanie Tobler said...

5 1/2 Weeks until we're due which means we only have 5 date nights (once a week) left :)

Janet said...

Fun times :)!!!