Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Birthday & Some Backyard Beauty

 Canada is absolutely beautiful this time of year. I forgot how wonderful the summers are in Alberta. When it wasn't raining it was a beautiful 24°C. The sun was shining and the breeze was cool. Everything was lush and green and it made me long to come back for the entire summer, with Jakob of course.

This is my G-ma & G-pa's house. They moved into St. Albert back when there were only two traffic lights in the whole city. I have so many memories attached to this house. 


 This is raspberry patch in the back yard. G-pa has thinned it out a bit so he could get back there and pick them. I dearly miss the raspberries. Even though I love Vegas with all my heart I look forward to living somewhere where we can grow raspberries and other fruits.

 The climbing tree. There used to be two swings on this tree but one year there was a lot of heavy snow and it broke off the front branch. This tree was also home base for the many baseball games we had in the backyard as children. 

 I think I miss the trees most of all. There is a canopy of green. Big, tall, beautiful trees. I remember when my cousins would visit from Texas and they would say "It smells green here." I always thought they were insane but now that I live in a desert I totally understand what they mean. 

 G-ma was  feeling better the second day we were there so we got to take some pictures and visit out on the deck. It was beautiful!

 Ethnie and her Great-Grandma Heyden. I'm so grateful that Ethnie has not one but two living Great-Grandmothers. What a lucky girl!

 There was no shortage of kisses to be shared with Peanut. How could you resist those cheeks?

 I know G-ma doesn't like her hands. She says they're old and that is exactly why I love them. I think they are beautiful and I hope once I have experienced as much as she and Great-Grandma Palmer have that my hands will look like that too. Age is a beautiful thing. (I know I say that now, we'll see if my tune changes down the line.)

 Getting in a pre dinner nap with Great-Grandpa.

 I brought home a little Tobler tradition and had everyone tell Mom why they loved her at dinner since it was her birthday. This is Daddy telling her that he loves her "THIS MUCH!" So cute!

 Some yummy chocolates from Chris. Not exactly a surprise visit from Vegas but not everyone can be as creative as me! ;)

 While Mom and Dad were out cleaning the temple the missionaries stopped by to give her some birthday doughnuts. I recorded them singing happy birthday to her. It was very sweet of them!

 Trying to wind down after a full day of adventures. Obviously she's not very impressed with my constant need to take pictures. 

 Poor Tigger, laying on the floor crying because G-pa is cuddling Ethnie and not him. 

I already knew Ethnie liked T.V. Her first movie was Rio and she stared at the screen the entire time. At my grandparents house the T.V is going non-stop and she was glued. She would cry because she couldn't see the screen at times. Poor girl, too bad we don't have T.V at home.

I {adore} this picture! So stinking cute! It was a wonderful day. Happy birthday Mom! I hope it was your best one yet!

No comments: