Just showing up at people's houses really throws everyone for a loop, especially when you have a baby with you. I had mentioned my plan to G-ma two months ago but I never brought it up again. I figured the fewer people that knew, the less chance we had of an accidental slip up. Plus it's just fun shocking everyone. Daddy picked me up from Sarah's Monday morning and we headed over to the house to surprise everyone there. I snuck into G-ma's bathroom and she smiled and said "What are you doing here? Are you alone? Where is that baby of mine?" This is their first picture together. We don't have as many pictures of G-ma as we do G-pa simply because G-ma wasn't feeling so well the entire time we were there. No fear we plan on fixing that once we get back home in July :).
This is the first time G-pa got to see Peanut. Well, in person... Skype is great and all but it's not the same! The first time they set eyes on each other they both beamed. Every time Ethnie saw him after that she would get the biggest smile. It was sort of magical really.
For those readers who have met my G-pa you would understand why it's different
from G-ma. G-pa is a little more distant, he doesn't really like crowds
and while he enjoys his grandchildren he just doesn't know how exactly
to show it. You more or less have to force a hug out of him. This is why
I thought it was so special. On several occasions he would walk up to me and take Ethnie from me. I loved it. It's amazing the effect a baby has on people.
I know I share a lot of hand pictures, I just think they tell such a story. Ethnie's hands were just so itty bitty next to G-pa's. G-pa had no problem posing for pictures with her... another unusual act. Obviously this made me rather happy :).
I got to see my puppy once again. He was doing so much better since my last visit but boy was he jealous of Peanut! Even if someone else had him on their lap he would whine and cry because someone else was giving attention to Ethnie. She also had a few toys that he wasn't allowed to touch. He was very curious and whenever she'd cry he'd run in to see what was the matter. We tried to keep them separated though... especially since I've experience first hand her little grip on hair. I don't think Tigger would appreciate that too much.
On the hunt for little teeth during bath time with Oma. Ethnie is drooling like crazy and loves to chew on anything you give her. It's just a baby being a baby but it sure does look a lot like teething. We can't feel any bumps yet though. It was a wonderful first day in Canada. As you can tell Ethnie was all tuckered out!








No comments:
Post a Comment