Sunday, June 17, 2012

Jakob's First Father's Day

Just when you think you love someone as much as your heart can hold, you watch them as a Father and that love multiplies ten fold. I love nothing more than to watch Ethnie play with her Daddy. I love the way her eyes light up and a big smile spreads across her face. She loves her Daddy so much and I could not have asked for a more perfect man to not only be my husband but the father of our child as well.

I was very privileged this week to be able to spend time with so many important father's in both mine and Ethnie's lives. First there was Great-Grandpa Heyden. He and I have always been close and you could tell Ethnie had him wrapped around her finger from the moment he first set eyes on her and every time she saw him she'd just beam! 

Opa van den Berge. I couldn't have asked for a better father or friend. He is such an example to me and I look up to him so much. I am very thankful to have him as a father and even more thankful that he is Ethnie's Opa. 

Grampa Tobler. We got to make him a card to show him how much we loved him. It was of course inspired by Pinterest. (source and instructions.) It was last minute but I was excited about how it turned out. I love beng able to watch Grampa with Ethnie. They just love each other so much! We are so thankful that Gramma and Grampa are so close! I couldn't have asked for better in-laws! I love them both dearly.

Dad got an iPad card. I didn't have a silver marker to add details but it turned out pretty darn cute regardless. I phoned all of our nieces and our nephew and asked them what they wanted to say to Grampa and I added it to his card. Grampa seemed to really like it. :)

For Daddy's final Father's Day gift he got a Shemag Keffiyeh Scarf or in other words one of those scarves you always see on military movies. (Here's Matt Damon, Jakob's man crush ;) sporting one in Green Zone). I hope that he had a wonderful Father's Day week. We are so happy to be back home with Daddy! Happy Father's Day Babe, I love you!

No comments: