Oh my word! Life has been crazy here! Between moving twice in the next three months, receptions, road trips, up coming weddings and caring for two children my blog has been SERIOUSLY neglected. I have fallen so far behind it is giving me anxiety. Soooo... it's back to business.
Easter sort of snuck up on me this year. First it was super late in the year which just was strange and then a thing called life got in the way. I had visions of "baby's first Easter" photo shoots with Duke. Doing bunny crafts and dying eggs and none of that happened. In fact I totally forgot about Easter until the night before at 3:00 a.m. Thank heavens I had some random toys in my "gift box." I even raided the pantry to help fills Duke's basket. Yeah, I'm the greatest Mom ever. I know. Anyways... we headed up to Mom and Dad's for a BBQ. Homemade hamburgers on the grill beats ham any day!
I love Mom and Dad's back yard. It's a little osasis in the middle of the desert.
The Burger Master.
E was pretty excited to be able to feed Daddy for a change.
Manfred's first Easter Basket. Some Puffs, bubbles and a hippo toy.
Gosh I love this little man! That smile and those eyes melt my heart.
At this point he had had enough and went to bed.
Ethnie's basket was Elmo Themed (of course.) Aunt Janet found this cute little basket for her (thank you.) She had books, bubbles a frog and Elmo stickers.
She went straight for the stickers....
...and started sticking them everywhere!!!
We have started a tradition of writing reasons why we love/ are thankful for one another and putting them in our eggs instead of having chocolate. Hands down this is one of my new favorite traditions. This year everyone accept for me forgot so while we had cookies for dessert, they took five minutes to dig real deep and come up with reasons. :)
We stuffed them in eggs hid a few, and let Peanut go to town.
She was a bit confused when she found out there was nothing but paper inside. Trust me she doesn't need any more sugar!
But that didn't stop her from hunting. She was pretty excited about it!
Aunt Nancy was kind enough to give E some Elmo eggs. They were sooo stinking cute!
Sig really wanted to get into E's basket and E was more than willing to gather up that extra large Easter egg.
The best picture I could get of her in her dress. She really wasn't into posing for me this year. I loved her dress. Oma sure has good taste (thanks mama!)
It was a great Easter. The best part was spending time with family and reading reasons why we loved each other most of which were hilarious. I am so thankful for our Savior who paid the ultimate price, who died for me that we might live with him again. I am so grateful for his love and sacrifice.























1 comment:
Crazy but good times :)! Love E's dress and Duke is the cutest boy ever! Looks like it was a wonderful day :)
Post a Comment