E has now realized that first nap for Duke is fun time for E. We have toys and activities that we can only play with while Duke is sleeping because he is a typical one year old boy that likes to destroy everything he touches. We both really look forward to our quality time together and E is very quiet. She knows that when Duke wakes up all of the crafts and things have to go away. We had a fun week this week.
Monday:
I Spy/ Hide and Seek letters. I wrote out some letters on pieces of cut up paper and "hid" them around the house. It was Ethnie level hiding. I had planned on us racing around trying to find each letter in order but E really just wanted to collect them.
She {loved} this! We played it for several days!
Tuesday:
If you follow me on instagram (@mamatobler) you would have seen E has a new obsession. I don't even really know how she came about it. One day she found what we call "the play doh lady". She is a lady on youtube who plays with play doh and makes princess dresses. I thought it would be a great activity for E.
She was so excited! She was alll about Anna but I got her the Elsa doll since they had it and she's usually sold out and now E is all about "Ells" It's adorable.
We usually do Play Doh Princess at least once a day.
Wednesday:
Hide and Seek with her stuffed animals. If you ask Ethnie where "her" Elmo is (the one we lost about a month ago) she'll tell you that he's playing hide and seek. It's pretty cute. E liked racing around hunting for her stuffies (all 7 of with now sleep with her... it's gotten a bit out of hand. But she looks soooo cute with her crew all cuddled up at bedtime.)
Thursday:
E has been all about coloring with "Mama's Marks" (markers aka sharpies) which was fine if I was 1000% watching which I never really am. So our table was covered in sharpie... brilliant. After scrubbing it down with a cotton ball or two and some rubbing alcohol (thank you Google!) I decided that it was time to get E some markers of her very own. We went to the computer to print out some extra special coloring pages. E had a fun time picking out which characters she wanted (Elsa, Anna, Buzz, Woody and Stitch) and coloring with her very own markers.
Friday:
Friday we made paper airplanes. E wasn't too sure about this mainly because it involved me folding up her coloring. This activity didn't last very long but she enjoyed throwing them. It was a fun filled week. I want to do some activities that Duke can enjoy too. Does anyone have any suggestions?









1 comment:
Way fun activities Steph!
Post a Comment