I cannot believe that this is my fourth mothers day! Three years ago I held such a sweet and precious baby in my arms and I imagined what kind of mother I wanted to be. I imagined laughter, dancing, playing outside, braiding hair, and playing dress up. I imagined reading stories, singing songs, teaching them to walk, talk, and catching them when they fell. I imagined snuggle time and savoring every moment and that is exactly what I've got. Sure there are late nights, massive messes, and some days it is harder than you ever thought possible but when I look back over the last three years those hard moments seem blurry while the happy ones are bright and beautiful.
Being a mother has stretched and tried me in so many ways and I couldn't have asked for a better gift. My children are my world and every day I thank my Heavenly Father for trusting me to take care of them and helping me guide them down the path that would bring them back home to Him. THIS is what I was created for. Some people find fulfillment in work and so many other things but, for me, it doesn't get any better than holding my babies in my arms. I still have things to improve and I am being stretched and learning how to be a Mom every single day.
I am the Mom I am today because so many important women in my life who have shaped me. Thank you for the phone calls, words of comfort and encouragement, your helping hands & your hugs. Thank you for making me laugh until I cry, for telling me when I need to improve and always pushing and encouraging me to be the best that I can be. I have amazing Mom's, Grandmothers, Sister-in-laws, church leaders and friends who set such amazing examples of what it means to be a mother and a woman. I am blessed. Happy Mother's Day. I love you all to the moon and back!



1 comment:
Ok this post made me cry! You are a wonderful mother, and I absolutely love this photo shoot! Looking beautiful as always!
Post a Comment