Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Off to Vegas!

 Time to pack. My goal was to pack everything for the three of us in one large suit case, a carry on and a diaper bag. It was tight since we had to include all of our stuff for camping as well but it all fit! 

 I really wanted to get one last trip back to Vegas in before Duke turned two. We flew round trip for $180 for the both of us. I was pretty excited. Hands down this was my worst flight yet. Late afternoon, tired hungry kids, full parking lots, had to race through the airport, almost missed flight, long lines, wrong gate, finally get to the right gate and then the plane is delayed after all of that rushing, full flight, screaming thrashing Duke, no movies, and E wouldn't share her seat. Yes, it was a very long 2 1/2 hours.

 Ahh we made it! We had a full 24 hours and then we were heading off to Utah for the Tobler Family Reunion out at a cabin outside of Paragonah Utah. We had a ton of stuff to fit in the rental vehicle which was much smaller than we had anticipated. Don't worry there wasn't a spare inch left when we were through. I hid things under the seats, in the compartment where the jack was hidden, we had to fold down the back seats so we shoved towels and a tent in where there was room by the head rest. Seriously, it was a clown car and I had so much fun!

It was a four hour drive to the cabin which was a piece of cake. The kids did really well. We made a stop in St. George to dip our toes in the water. I love this little splash/ play area! 

Perfect way to cool down.

Back on the road! Now to meet 75 family members I've never met before! This is going to be a blast!!

No comments: