Our darling Friend Hattie invited us out for an afternoon of fun! She has passes to the museums here in KC and we got to tag along! So fun! We were even able to fit three full sized car seats in her back seat!
There were SO many fun activities!! Water to play in...
Dirt to dig in...
And dinosaurs (and so much more!)
Love this girl!
Then I got to experience every mothers worst fear. I lost my child. Duke was right here on this bridge, I saw E running the opposite direction and I went to catch her. When i came back (30 seconds later) he was gone. It wasn't the first time he had toddled off. He is not known for staying close, so I told E to stay with Hattie and I did a quick circle. I cam back to see if he had returned to Hattie and he was still missing. Then you start to panic. 5 minutes had gone by and I had started to spread out in bigger circles. And my mind was racing. 10 minutes. I ran into an employee and he locked down all of the Union Station (which is much bigger than just this large museum) Everyone was now looking for Duke and I started to loose it. I was petrified. So we continued our search. it took another 10 minutes with every staff member in the building looking for him and they found him. It was the longest 20 minutes of my life. He had crossed the bridge in the picture above, gone down a flight of stairs, and across to the other side of the museum. To a place that we hadn't even been to yet. So scary and I was so grateful to have my little man back. It made my hug my babies a little bit longer before bedtime!







2 comments:
Bless you Stephanie for keeping a cool head. You have to act quickly in these situations and you did just what you should. Hug Ethnie and Duke for me!
Super fun place! But yes that is SOOO scary! Glad you are all doing well. Love you
Post a Comment