Friday, February 5, 2016

Ethiella + Penny

Lately E has been a bit ungrateful for the things that we have given her. Things are expected and Jakob and I decided that we needed to changed things up a bit. So we talked to E about money. And after a few days we decided to get E a piggy bank to keep her savings. She named her pig Penny. We asked what were two things that she would like. She told us that she would like an Anna necklace and Slime. Her slime was $2 and her Anna necklace was $15. So here is how it works. E gets money for doing jobs around the house that go above and beyond what she has to do day to day.  Big jobs are usually worth $0.25 and smaller jobs are worth $0.10. She has to put everything into her little cup, we count is at the end of the week and put 10% for tithing, 50% for savings and 40% for spending. She is saving for her Anna necklace and she can spend her spending money at her leisure. 

One afternoon E asked if she could earn some extra money. I told her I would think of a way, and then she said "I know Mama, I can fold laundry!!" She then proceeded to fold the cloths and stack them neatly in a pile. 

 Then she washed windows.

 And she did a pre scrub on the tub. 

And she wiped the outside of the toilets. She is such a wonderful helper!!

Then she got to pay her tithing for the first time. My heart almost burst I was just so proud of her as she handed over her tithing envelope to the bishopric. I am so proud of this little girl and she is really learning how LONG it takes to earn things. Plus E and Penny are rarely seen apart. This girl {loves} pigs!

3 comments:

Jan Tobler said...

What a good helper. And she will love her Anna necklace even more because she worked for it.👍

Jan Tobler said...

What a good helper. And she will love her Anna necklace even more because she worked for it.👍

violinnp said...

So great that you are starting young to know how to save and budget. It won't come as a shock to her when she is older. She will always have what she needs!