May 19th was the kids last day of school! It seems a bit strange to me to have summer vacation start in the middle of May. In Canada we don't get out until the end of June. But alas we are done and I am looking forward to slower mornings.
E with her helper Miss Emma and her Teacher Miss Kaite. E did such a great job in the program and her teachers were quite sad to hear that she was 5 and would be going to kindergarten next year. She was a great peer model and this program was great for her! While they didn't focus on ABC's or 123's they did focus on being helpful, accepting people, listening, and classroom rules and to me there isn't anything more important! I am so thankful for Miss Katie and her team. E had a great year!!
Just looking at the picture makes me tear up a bit. My heart is so full of gratitude. Duke came into this program saying single syllable words. Everything he said was an approximation. He had temper tantrums and was just frustrated by being trapped. Over the past 6 months Duke has gone from single syllables to saying full sentences. I can understand most of his words and he is generally pretty accurate. He loves to sing and I can understand the words as he sings away. He is rocking his final ending sounds but my favorite is when he points to himself and says "DuKe!" It is amazing! Miss. Melissa was his teacher and Duke is now doing pretend play. Zooming cars around, saying please, thank you, you're welcome, bless you, and my turn. He is learning how to take turns, share and understand when things don't go his way. Miss. Trisha was his speech therapist and I just can't even begin to explain how amazing she is! Because of her Duke has come out of his shell and can express himself better than ever. I have really seen a word explosion over the past two weeks! It is such a blessing!!!
Duke gets to have one more year in his Pre-School and he is excited to go back and ride the bus!
E will be starting Kindergarten in the fall and I honestly can't believe that she's that old! Time needs to slow down!!
The last day of school the kids had a carnival that the parents got to attend. Here is E with her friend Dominay.
Putting on some tattoo's.
And playing games! It was such a great year and such a great program with incredible teachers!!!
Here are a few of Duke's school projects. Such a creative boy! Now bring on Summer!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment