We are a project working people. Our poor visitors are usually put to work instead of entertained. I had grand plans for our day but then Pa got sick and was quarantined to outside. So he decided he'd get to work on a project. These are the patio doors to our garage. They are such an eye sore and really make the place look run down, but... out of sight out of mind. Mom Tobler on the other hand was pretty determinde to get these bad boy fixed up so Pa set to work.

Both of the doors were pretty rusted, but the main door was falling apart. Pa started sanding with my spiffy new sander. Gosh I love that thing!!
Then he tried to spray paint it. It didn't work. So back to Home Depot for a few rollers. The fine folks at Home Depot know our family well.
Pa added a galvanized kick plate and voila!!! What a difference. You really don't know how much something bothers you until it's fixed. It looks SO much better!! I wish I would have taken a true before picture just so you could see the difference!
We now need to fix the windows somehow, not sure what we will do exactly, but that is another project for another day. Thanks for the facelift Pa!! Now we need to settle on a color for the front side door. I'm thinking red?


No comments:
Post a Comment