It's cake time for this little man.
This cake pushed me in so many different ways. I wanted to do fondant.
My first batch came out lumpy. My second batch I burnt. I went to the
store to get a third batch and that batch turned out horribly as well
and I ended up just crying. I was SO annoyed. So I spoke to my neighbor
Michelle and she suggested simple buttercream. Buttercream is
terrifying. I have never been great at clean lines and frosting. I felt
so out of my comfort zone but I was OVER fondant so I started.
Is it my favorite cake, no. Is it what I imagined, no. However even with all of it's quirks I am still very pleased with how it turned out. It is a cake in it's own category, and I was leased with the rustic charm of it all.
Once I put the chocolate tree's on the cake I was happy. They really added a lot and just finalized my vision.
I decided not to use a cake topper and I was loving the simplicity of just the trees and chocolate rocks.
in the end I was happy and I was put outside of my comfort zone. What an adventure. Can't wait to party tomorrow!








No comments:
Post a Comment