This year I was lazy. I mean tired like a mother lazy and I felt that was okay. I seriously considered just scrapping Valentines week this year, but the kids asked about it... soo... I decided to get my crap together. I hit up the dollar tree for the kids little goodies easy peasy. I even did some repeats because they really don't care so let's stream line.
Day 1: Tooth brushes. They were al really excited about these. :)
Day 2: Melon candy to negate those tooth brushes.
Day 3: Sour Patch Kids
Day 4: Suckers (Sprout's favorite!)
Day 5: Multicolored pens.
For Duke, Star Wars toys. Light sabers, good guys and bad guys?!?! He was pretty stoked!
For my little Hufflepuff, a scarf and a key chain for her backpack.
For Valentines E would make me little treasures. I loved this flower that she made. She is the sweetest!
This years Vanetines box for Bear. He wanted Patrick Mahomes and I was TOTALLY down with that! He came out SOOOOOO CUTE!
E went with a black fox. Not sure why, but we thought it ended up looking like a badger which is the Hufflepuff animal. It felt very fitting.
Writing out our Valentines.
Going to these parties gets harder and harder. I have to cancel on Millie for the day, and Daddy graciously came home to watch the tiny humans so I could escape for an hour but those smiles are 100000% worth it!
Her answer made me laugh out loud!
Couldn't resist a few more pictures of this handsome man!
Some very forced pictures of my sweethearts.
A more accurate portrayal.
Gramma sent cards to each of the kids too! Sprout opened his and gasped and promptly gave it a big kiss and a hug!
We then needed some groceries, so we went shopping together, taking our time going up and down the isles.
We picked up ice cream on the way home and turned on a movie while I nursed and Jakob fell asleep. Was it a flashy Valentines, not even a little but it was perfect. After 11 Valentines together I am just so grateful for the simple things we get to do together. We hardly ever go shopping together and it was so nice to hold his hands, make jokes and smile. The one thing that hasn't changed is the man by my side who makes me laugh, knows my order and is my best friend. This was a valentines to remember!
p.s. here are Jakob's more mature Valentines Day cards... You have been warned.




























No comments:
Post a Comment