Wednesday, February 5, 2020

3 Months



Weight: 13 lbs
Nicknames: Redd, Nugget, still sticking with Reddy-Roo and it's super cute.

+ Redd had found his hands and they are always in his mouth.
+ He's a little less bobble headed. 

+ He is sooooo close to laughing. Had a little giggle on Feb 1st and I just can't wait to hear those belly laughs.

+ Poor baby had a cough and cold this month and it was so dang sad. Also kept him up a lot at night because he couldn't breathe. We finally moved him to the rock n play to help prop him up and he did much better!
+ Everyone at church is obsessed with him. Since both Jakob and I teach on Sunday for second hour, Redd gets handed off. Most of the time he goes to Gram Hensley. But if Gram isn't there, there is a rush to snag him and I do not mind one little bit! 

+ He tracks people with his eyes now and it is so much fun to see him watch the world around him. He recognized people too and gets a satisfied smile.
+ He loves to look at lights and watch Dory. It must be finding Dory, not Nemo even though they are the same thing. Same colors, same sounds... no, he knows the difference. I don't get it. He will sit in his little cradle and watch the whole dang movie.


+ This boy is 100000000% mine. He wants me all the time and while most of the time i {love} it, some days Mama just needs you to be happy in Daddy's arms. He is beyond precious though!
+ Redd lives to tub time with Daddy. He LOVES to swim and kick and splash. 

+ He is out of all 0-3m clothes and it is SO strange not packing them for storage. Once we're done, we are done and it is so bitter sweet.
+ Redd don't mind the car seat nearly as much now that he can see better. He still doesn't enjoy stopping for long periods of time, but he has mellowed out considerably!
+He's getting better about being set down. He rather enjoys playing on his play mat for short periods. But he does not like to be abandoned. 

+ This month Redd had a rash on his face on and off the whole month. I have no idea what it was or why it was intermittent. It didn't bug him but it was super sad looking!
+ Boyfriend has SO many stories to tell. He is always talking and babbling. He'll tell me all about everything all day long. So dang cute!
+ His sibling as a bit obsessed with him and he is head over heels for them.I love how he lights up when they come home from school. Cutest thing ever!

+ He lost all of his hair this month. Most of it rubbed off on his cradle. It was a bit strange. I'm curious to see if his hair will come in dark like Sprout or light like the big kids. 
+ Baby boy is waking up 5-6 times a night. Let's be serious, it's not my favorite. He will nurse and go right back to sleep. We aren't ready to sleep train quite yet but I am ready to kick hi out of our room.
+He's started waking up to noises at nap time. DARN! I really do love the sleep anywhere stage. So I think we'll start transitioning him to the bedroom.

+ I know this baby's soul. I can usually tell what his cries mean. He is a very happy boy and only cries when he's hungry, poopy or tired and by the sound of the cry I can usually figure it our pretty quick. He's amazing and I'm pretty obsessed.
+ He trashes like a fish while nursing and it isn't my favorite.
+He has blue-grey eyes and I can't wait to see  if they will stay like that or what color they will change too.


+ He has become a bit more spitty and drooly. I don't like to be without a burp cloth for fear of being covered. It isn't bad but it's gotten worse. 
+ My long and lean baby is gone. Redd totally chunked out this month. We are starting to get ROLLS! Love my chubby babes!
+He's become a bit more spitty and pukey. 

+He likes to be swaddled. He fights it at first but after a few seconds he calms right and is super chill.
+He has a love hate relationship with his sue. He knows it's not a boob and he's not a big fan, but he does like sucking to sooth soooo... time will tell.
+We have started him on a bottle with Daddy this month. He still showers with me most evenings and then Daddy takes him downstairs to get dressed and have a bottle before bed. Little guy took the bottle like a champ!


No comments: