Saturday, June 20, 2020

TFSC - Week 3 - STEM Week

 This week was STEM week that the Tobler house. Our first day we built boats out of tin foil and then we tried to sink them with coins. I was amazed at how HARD this was for the kids. Duke did a really goo job and his stayed floating the longest.

 The next day we made marble runs using pieces of foam taped to plates. Think this was the activity of the week. Sprout LOVED this one. 

  
Mama's run.
 
 Duke did a great job! His was a little bit tricky to complete though. It took some serious plate balancing talent. 


Sprout was hilarious while we made these runs. this is his run and while he was using the marble he kept whispering "almost there, almost there." It was so dang cute!

 Day 3 we made catapults. This one I did have to order the Popsicle sticks. Once they made their catapults, we launched pom poms into little cups. It was rather tricky. 



Day 4 we did an egg drop. I told the kids they could use whatever supplies they wanted to protect their eggs. the both opted for pom poms and tin foil. I think if I would have guided them a bit more we could have been a touch more creative, but alas this worked too. 
 

E's egg survived!!

Bears did not. I really like this week because it showed the kids that everyone is good at something. Duke was the better boat builder and E was the better egg saver. Each had struggles and successes and that was okay too. 

Day 5 we made ice cream in a bag. It didn't really work, mostly because we didn't have enough ice, but they got to make a vanilla smoothy and they all said it was tasty. Another fun week of camp in the books!

No comments: