Friday, July 23, 2010

Beauty

Welcome to Lake Louise. This lake is located approximately 32 miles from Banff. There are hikes to go on and canoes to rent so one can go exploring. It was well worth the drive to see how beautiful it is.

This was taken right at the mouth of the river. Don't let the pictures fool you there were people EVERYWHERE!

The water was sky blue and it was freezing cold. Jakob wanted to jump in but reconsidered once his fingers pierced the frigged water.

It is a very surreal experience being in a place so beautiful. For me at least it made me thank my Heavenly Father. How could one not be thankful in a place so stunning. I don't understand how people can see places like this and still not believe in something more. Not necessarily a LDS view but just a feeling that there is something bigger than they are. Something beautiful, something perfect.

I have never seen bridges with trees on them before. They are actually there to allow animals to cross. They're quite pretty as well.

The ice explorer. We are at the base of the gondola. It cost $30 a person to go up to the top which is ridiculous, seeing as how we would only take a picture and come back down. We also skipped out on the hot springs. It was a massive hot tub. That is all and we didn't feel like rubbing up against several "large" women for the tune of $8 a pop. So we continued on our adventure feeling satisfied about our choice to tour on. :)

This is in a huge field of Daisey's next to the "Hot Springs". It was beautiful.

Bow Falls. They were stunning... not as big as was expected but nevertheless... stunning. We skipped out on hiking at Lake Louise thinking that there was a hike to these falls. Much to our surprise one just drove up next to them. So we went adventuring.

Jakob decided that he wanted to cross the shallow but narrow river. The water was clear as crystal so we rolled up or pants and began our journey across, of course there was a foot bridge only 50 feet away but who needs one of those when your a man? Needless to say we got soaked. On the other side there was no one but us and a course full of golfers but we stayed out of their way. It was nice to have some place to ourselves without all of the people around us.

This is the southern most tip of the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel this thing is MASSIVE. I stole this picture from online just so you could see how big it is. Jakob and I called it Banff Castle. It has a shopping plaza attached to it. Rooms start at $489/ night.

We had so much fun on our trip and couldn't have asked for better weather. I would love to go back in the winter for Christmas. We could go snowboarding and ice skating on Lake Louise. I have never seen it in the winter I'm sure it would be stunning. It was perfect for our anniversary! I cannot wait to return!

4 comments:

Rach and Clark said...

beautiful! If we ever go up to Canada, we'll have to check this place out! Glad you two had fun!

Janet said...

Wow!!! What a beautiful place to be! Happy Anniversary you two :)!

Jenna Scott said...

LOVE the picture of you on that rock, you look like a mermaid, and I must say, I am 100% jealous of your beautiful trip! Can't wait to see you and ALL of your pictures! I'm glad you're home!

Alexis said...

I would love to go and visit that area someday. I have been interested in it ever since I discovered the Orange Girl. She works LOTS of weddings at the Banff Castle. Check her out here: http://www.orangegirlphotographs.com/