Saturday, July 24, 2010

Birthday Boy < 3

Jakob has celebrated his birthday in Canada for the past 4 years. And after this last one I think we'll stick to the states for his 24th. It started out like any birthday with presents in the morning. Jared and Christopher got Jakob aviators. He's Maverick I'm goose.

From the rest of us he got a 40-20 Nixon Tide Watch. He's had his eye on this baby for a long time.

For all of you Nixon watch fans out there. Get it on eBay! Wonderful deals! I'm hooked! But this is about Jakob.

Mom, Dad, Birthday Boy and I went out to Montana's for dinner. It's a lot like Claim Jumper, with large portions. It took all 4 of us to finish the fajitas Mom and I shared.

I love this picture. Like father like daughter and Mom just plays along.

Yes he is standing up in our booth, wearing moose antlers, conducting his happy birthday song. He's kind of a big deal. Upon finishing our meal we found out that my great aunt was very ill and Mom van den Berge enlisted Jakob & Dad to give her a blessing. We drove 45 minutes out to Weslock and didn't get home until 11 p.m. Part 2 of his birthday was postponed until Sunday.

On our way to church. Isn't he handsome?

Jakob with his black forest cake that G-ma decided he HAD to have even though a boxed yellow cake would have done just fine. She likes to go the extra mile. Happy Birthday Babe, I love you dearly and I hope this year is filled with joy, love and adventure. xoxo

No comments: