Monday, September 13, 2010

Raw Talent

It was my friend Jenna's birthday back in August however with so much going on in both of our lives we weren't able to see each other until this past Friday. Crazy!! Anyways, one day she came over and saw the painting that Jakob gave me for Valentines Day and she said she wanted one. Perfect birthday present. I'm so excited to finally be able to show off what Jakob's done!

I love watching Jakob paint. There is something so calming about it. I love seeing how talented he is! He boggles my mind. Yes, I am crafty but artsy no way. I can hardly draw stick figures. Some would say it takes a degree of talent to paint a screaming child's face which I would have to agree, but at the end is just a face paint, it in no way compares to what my husband is able to accomplish with just a pencil and some water colors.

The image to the left is "Robert Best's" version of Barbie. We loved the green dress so Jakob kept it fairly similar.

The mini girl to the right was his trail and error girl.

Tada! Here's the artist with the final embossed and signed copy for Jenna. She loved it which made him oh so very happy. He's now starting to organize his own website so he can sell paintings. I'll post more information on that as it unfolds.

Isn't she stunning? I'm so proud of Jakob! It was really hard to part with the original but she was painted specifically for Jenna and I know she'll love her. I can't wait to see what Jakob decides to do next! Happy Belated Birthday Jenna!!!

2 comments:

Jenna Scott said...

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! You've spoiled me soooo much! Everyone who's seen the painting loved it! (most people didn't believe that it was a painting, which just proves how amazing jake really is!) And I wore my hat for that family dinner and my cousins were trying to steal it, and sister is in love with it! You guys are the perfect duo! I'm so lucky to have you both as friends!

Thank you 10000 times!

Jenna Scott said...

ps... I love the picture showing the master's artwork before it's complete...proof that he really did it ;)