Just keep sewing, just keep sewing, sewing, sewing. What do we you sew, sew. La la la la la la la la.

That little tune was in my head all day yesterday while Mom Tobler and I were sewing clown pants. While up in Rexburg we decided that we wanted to have a craft day. I was in need of a clown apron and Jessica and Summer were simply happy to have someone to guide them along the way. Let me clarify: I am in no way up to the standards on Mom Tobler, the only reason I have been able to whip out such nice items is because of her
constant supervision. Yes, it does help to understand what she tells me to do, but for the most part I'm lost. Give me a pair of P.J's and an apron, no problem but I am in no way a seamstress.

So in keeping within my repertoire, that's just what we made, aprons. I felt silly, while the girls were picking out cute and adorable fabrics, I was looking for something that said "clown". One cute pattern later and we were off to Summer's house where the cutting began. These girls however had
zero sewing experience, so I had to guide them through every step. Is this how Mom Tobler feels?

Three girls to one sewing machine= long waits. Not that we weren't grateful to at least have a machine but you could tell the level of enthusiasm dropped down after the first half an hour. After 3 hours I decided I'd simply finish mine at home and let the girls crank theirs out. I sent Jessica to the machine to sew her pockets on and she did just that, sewed them shut. They are now "decorative patches." It was rather humorous.

There is never a dull moment when girls are together. Meet Summer! She is the most adorable and sweetest gal I have ever met (
even if she did accidentally burn me with the iron.) While sewing on her waist ties she scurried of to the washroom and a couple of seconds later called for her husband. Curious we asked if she was alright. She had broken the needle in the sewing machine. Not only had it broken it had snapped off and hit her in the eye! Poor Summer! Hayden (
her husband) went over to see what was wrong with the machine. Having never played with a sewing machine before he unplugged it thinking it might shoot him in the eye as well. Such a man!

We had a lot of fun sewing together! It was really nice to still get in my day of crafting for the week! Even with all of the mishaps we had a blast. We learned when all else fails Just keep sewing, just keep sewing, just keep sewing sewing sewing...... even if it doesn't look perfect. :)
1 comment:
I love the aprons! You are a good teacher because the results look great! Did Jessica fix her "pockets"?
Post a Comment