Thursday, September 29, 2011

An Update

I'm trying not the make this blog a baby blog but I'm finding it difficult. Today Jakob and I went in for our 19 week ultrasound. I was so grateful to have Jakob with me! It was so precious being able to watch his facial expressions as he got to see our baby for the first time. I think I was watching him more than I was watching the ultrasound. He was so excited he even took a couple of pictures to work to show people. He is going to be such an amazing father, I am one lucky girl to be able to take on this adventure with a man like him by my side.

I was told to drink juice before our ultrasound to help wake the baby up and boy, did it work! I felt bad for our ultrasound tech; every time she would get a good angle our little one would move. We have quite the active one on our hands by the looks of it. The heart rate was 147 bpm which is pretty well smack dab in the middle. (No gender predictions there lol.) Our due date has changed AGAIN... it is now back to February 29th, 2012. As I'm sure most of you already know... Jakob's pretty stoked to (hopefully) have a child born on leap year.

We have to go in to see a specialist on Tuesday to ensure that everything is tip top and our baby is alright. During the ultrasound they found a Cyst in the baby's brain. This is an indicator of Downs. Good news is it is small and will more than likely go away on it's own. There are no other indicators of Downs however but they want me to see a specialist just in case. I am anxious but I have a feeling that all will be well. I suppose it's in a mothers nature to worry and I have a life time of it ahead of me! The baby is also small (in the 10th percentile.) The doctor didn't seem so concerned about that which is wonderful! He did say I need to gain weight, and that is something I simply do not know how to do. I eat fast food on a regular basis, I have pasta at least once a day, and I'm getting quite a bit of protein. I suppose I will have to drink more protein shakes and eat more meat. Who would have thought that gaining weight would be a problem?

Here are a few pictures of our little one (above: little feet below: another profile and it's little heart).


(Above: it's little alien face) Only one more week until we get to find out if it's a boy or a girl!! Have you cast your votes yet? I am so excited!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am ok with you turning this into a baby blog. I am so excited for you! I hope everything is normal at your visit this week.

Jenna Scott said...

Love the baby feet picture :) I forgot to look at them last night before we all left, so I'm glad you posted them!

Rach and Clark said...

I'm sure all is fine with your baby...we'll be praying for you guys!

Janet said...

Love the first picture and the feet shot too!!
Totally think it's a boy! You guys are in our prayers.