Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Golden Star Birthday

This year was my Golden Star Birthday. For those of you who have never heard of such a thing I shall explain: I was born November 22nd, this year I turned 22 on the 22nd thus my golden birthday. Jakob had to work and attend class until 11 p.m on my actual birthday so we celebrated the next day. He did leave me an already opened box of my favorite breakfast cereal and met me for lunch. What a charmer. I then went to Savers with Mom Tobler who surprised me with a shopping spree. It was so much fun! I was then spoiled further with a delicious dinner at Mom and Dad's. It was a wonderful birthday.

The celebration continued the following day. Do you love the balloons? Here's a secret, they're not helium. Jakob blew up all 75 of them (even though I am a clown and have a balloon pump) and then we taped them to the ceiling. Much cheaper :)

How many of you have seen Tangled? You know the Rapunzel movie? As soon as I saw those lanterns I decided that I had to do it! They were huge! Jakob was a little nervous about setting off an open flame out into the desert. He really didn't want to get arrested. What a party pooper. I will put everyone's concerns to rest, we did not start a desert fire.

I wrote a wish on mine for our little girl as we waited for them to warm up for take off.

Still waiting, thank goodness David brought his blow torch!! It made things a lot faster :)

And we have lift off!! Let me just say I would highly reccomend setting of lanterns for your next special occasion. It was a blast and they looked amazing! Thanks to Jenna for the pictures! Have you ever tried taking pictures in the dark with a bunch of moving subjects? Let me tell you it is not easy! Jenna you rock!

We then returned back to our casa for dessert and to open presents. I already knew I was getting a camera for my birthday/ Christmas present from Jakob however the day I would receive said camera was a little bit fuzzy. I opened my book from Jakob and excitedly exclaimed "Where is my camera?!"

At this stage I was beginning to realize there might not be a camera... but I still thought it might be a joke.

Nope, no camera. It was on it's way... needless to say I was less than thrilled. Jakob said I had to read the book before I got my camera so I would know how to use it properly. James then came over to show me the last three pictures I posted from happy to sad. I was so embarrassed by my reaction that I started to cry right then and there while everyone was watching me. I'm blaming it on being a hormonal prego. It was humiliating!! Everyone thought I was actually upset about the camera, don't get me wrong I was surprised, but I knew it would be here eventually. My dang emotions have always been wired directly to my tear ducts. I laugh to hard... I cry. I get embarrassed... I cry. It has been a problem that has cursed me my entire life only this time I was seriously overreacting!

Trying not to create more of a scene we moved onto cake. How many men does it take to open a cake lid? Four!

Jakob's favorite pose, holding my ever growing belly.

He is such a goof! Gosh I love him!

My birthday ended with man night. Most of the boys stayed to play games while the ladies abandoned them. I love man night, those boys are hilarious. It was a wonderful birthday! Thank you to all who attended and made me feel so special! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends and such an amazing husband!

2 comments:

Kayla Ann said...

awe Steph you are so cute! glad you had a wonderful birthday! miss you!! only like another month till we get to play!! woohoo!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday!! Love the lanterns so pretty, would be fun to do sometime. I love the Tangled movie. BTW Violet is singing "Happy Birthday to Aunt Stephanie" right now!