I have been seriously looking forward to Thanksgiving for over a month now. I'm sure you would be too if you got to go to Aunt Nancy's. She is a phenomenal cook with her signature green beans as a serious highlight. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Before we arrived at Lorin and Nancy's Mom and Dad took me to see the new bridge. (Jakob was studying for his CFA exam this weekend.)
I'm not much for heights but this thing was a piece of cake! I would really like to rappel off of it. "At 840 feet above the Colorado River, this bridge is the second-highest one in the United States, following the Royal Gorge Bridge." (Quoted from Wikipedia) We walked across the entire thing and had to stop to snap a photo of us straddling the state line. Do you think of A Walk to Remember too??
They're in two places at once. Gosh I love that movie!
Aren't they simply adorable?
It was a little bit chilly so we buzzed over to Lorin and Nancy's for dinner!!
Uncle Lorin wrestling with the turkey.
As per usual everything was simply delicious. I didn't want to stop eating! Thank you to the Palmers for inviting us into your home for this Holiday season. This thanksgiving my heart is full of gratitude for all that I have been blessed with. I am so thankful for my darling husband. I know I've said it a time or two as of late but he is a wonderful man who is dedicated, funny, charming, and will be the most amazing father. I am so thankful that I get to spend all of eternity with him. I am thankful for my family both near and far. Every single one of you has had a roll in shaping me into the woman I am today and I appreciate your patience, love and wisdom that has been shared throughout the years. I am thankful for my job which allows me to help provide for my family and do something that I love! I am thankful for our home, what a blessing it has been to move and to meet new people. Which brings me to the church, I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who I can see his hand leading and guiding me and for the church and their never failing support. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends who have been etched into my heart forever! Thank you for the laughter, joy and encouragement. I am and will be eternally grateful for the opportunity I have to become a mother. I can see no greater blessing in my life. I am so overwhelmed with love, I hope that this Thanksgiving was a wonderful one for you and yours.






1 comment:
Looks delicious! Glad you all had a great time!
Post a Comment