Tuesday, September 25, 2012

7 Months

  • Height: 27 inches (90th percentile)
  • Weight: 16.4 lbs (50th percentile)
  • Head Circumference:  43 cm (25th percentile)
  • Nicknames: Peanut, Ethers, E, Buggy Boo
  • For a while there Ethnie was waking up 2 -3 times a night. I'm not sure if it was a growth spurt but I'm glad it's over. She is a girl after her fathers heart and loves her routine. Dinner at 7:30, bath at 8:00, scriptures at 8:15, 7 - 8 oz rice bottle and bed by 8:30. She now sleeps till around 6:00 a.m. when I get up to nurse her and then she's up for the morning around 7:00 a.m.
  • This girl is vocal. She loves screaming till she's red in the face and then she just laughs and laughs. It's not so much screaming either as it is grunting/ dinosaur noses.
  • No more Boppy for this girl! She is super independent and we can leave her play alone for 20 minutes at a time which is great for cleaning/ blogging/ eating. She really enjoys her alone time and by alone I mean we're in the same room while she plays.
  • She is starting to watch other babies at church crawl around and I think things are starting to click. Perhpas that is just wishful thinking. She'll get up on her hands and then.... nothing. She doesn't dread tummy time any more probably because I've stopped trying to make her crawl. She'll go when she's ready.
  • Ethnie is LOVING solid foods. This month she's had: avocado, squash, sweet potatoes, Puffs, Cheerios, banana, amongst other things. She loves her fresh food feeder and will happily suck on that while Daddy and I eat dinner. She is really into strawberry and banana mush. She can eat up to 2 jars (8oz) of that stuff without even blinking. I have to hold her back so avoid tummy aches. :). She isn't too keen on veggies but will eat them as long as I don't offer her fruit first. So far sweet potatoes have been her favorite.
  • Peanut really enjoys being in her doorway jumper. She loves to stand and being able to do it all on her own is wonderful. This really helps at Mom Toblers when we're working on a project.
  • Bug doesn't like having her bum changed one bit! If she's not go go going she's crying. I have started to ensure there is something to play with to avoid having her roll over and getting poop everywhere! 
  • Her belly is super ticklish. If you blow on her tummy she's burst out laughing. Even if you act like your coming towards her she'll start to cringe and giggle. I makes my heart happy.
  • She really wants to pull herself up and she's done it a couple of times in her crib and in the tub. It just amazes me how one day she's sitting watching and the next she's doing.
  • Still in love with electronics, music, and the blinds in our room. She loves to destroy book and papers and she's taken an interest in stuffed animals and toys.
  • She loves playing Peek-a-Boo! You say "Peek!" and she is all smiles!
  • She just loved being with her cousins and Vi and Lucy were SOOO good with her! It makes me want to live near family even more now!
  • She loves music and will squawk along like she's singing in the background it makes me smile.
  • If you ask fro a kiss you're more than likely to get more than you bargained for. Nice warm, wet and slimy.
  • More often than not she picks things up with her left hand, or if she does pick it up with her right she'll transfer it to her left to put it in her mouth. From everything I've read it's still too soon to tell which hand she'll use but my money is she's a lefty!
 
  • She's strated to booty scoot. I'm not sure if she realizes that's what she's doing since she doesn't "go after things" she just very casually scoots over to something.

I really don't see Ethnie as a baby anymore but more like our little girl. She is growing up so fast and I am trying to soak up every second. She has such a sweet spirit and she constantly has me striving to be the best that I can be. I am so grateful to be her Mama!

3 comments:

The Nielsons said...

This little girl is so sweet!!! I love her!!! So glad her and Addi get to hang out together!!!

katie ridings said...

She is so cute!! Found your blog from baby garvin. I'm a little behind you, but I have a little boy a little over a month old. I love the onsie sticker!! I got mine off etsy, love that place!!

Unknown said...

She is getting so big! And she is the cutest 7 month old I have ever seen.