Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grandparents Day

 Did you know it was Grandparents Day on Monday? Me either. I didn't realize until I saw a few people on Facebook wishing their loved ones well. I the trotted over to Pinterest for some last minute inspiration and came up with NOTHING! I know mind boggling! So with a little help from Google and the craft isle at Wal-Mart we came up with a little something to surprise Gramma and Grampa because we all know they're totally worth it!

Vi and I went to Wal-Mart while E and Lucy Lou were supposed to be napping. Vi came home and almost spilled the beans but then she promptly remembered it was a secret and told Gramma she had to go sew so we could work on our surprise! Here she is assembling our JUMBO ribbons! We also painted bird houses but I needed both hands to supervise that craft!

 Surprise!! Lucy has Grampa's ribbon and bird house. Don't worry we didn't forget about him!

 Since I make so few cards now a days I have to prove that I still can make them.

 The little hands that hold Gramma and Grampa's hearts.

 
The rest of the afternoon was spent dancing with E and watching movies. Ethers is so spoiled around these girls. They are always trying to make her smile, it just warms my heart!

We are so thankful for Gramma and Grampa, Jakob and I especially! We would be lost without them! Thank you for being such a wonderful example and support in our lives. A very special Grandparents day to Oma and Opa, next year I won't be caught by surprise and you'll have a rad card too ;). We love and miss you dearly!