Having children this age is a bit difficult. I have every intention of doing fun festive things but for the most part E still doesn't understand what's going on and while my intentions are good most of the time it's just easier to play and cuddle, instead of strapping everyone in the car to look at Christmas lights and listening to them scream. :)
On my side of the family we have a tradition of taking yearly Santa photos. I have to got admit this is one of my favorites. I get all excited to coordinate outfits and I have images of the perfect television family sitting happily on Santa's lap. Obviously I wasn't thinking about my daughter. Ethnie is TERRIFED Santa. So we elected to go to see Santa Lou (a dear friend of mine, it pays to have hook ups) and take our family photo instead of listening to her scream in the shopping mall. Ethnie clung to Jakob for dear life. There was NO WAY she was letting go and really it wasn't worth it.
So Duke took a solo photo with Santa and it was perfect. I know I'll look back at these pictures and smile, they may not be perfect, we don't match and the background is too busy but they are mine and I treasure every one of them. Plus, that is one good looking Santa.


No comments:
Post a Comment