One evening while I was fixing supper, Jakob called me into the living room to watch Peanut. Here was little Ethnie lining up all of her little blocks in a row.
She was very precise, patient and thorough. She would only line up the yellow ones & they had to be perfectly straight, if they weren't she'd start all over again.
A few times jakob would bump one or put a blue one in and E would look at it with her eye brows furrowed, sigh and start again. It was both, sad, adorable and scary. I admit I'm OCD, but that is not something I want for my children. Dedicated yes, detailed yes but obsessive no. It is always cuter when she does obsessive things though.
Checking over her work....
... and starting again because it was bent in the middle. She went on like this for 20 minutes or more. In the end it was precious. She pays very close attention to detail and that will help her in the future. I sure do love our little Peanut. She always makes me smile.






1 comment:
L-0-V-E!
Post a Comment