Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sometimes...

 ... Elmo just needs a bum change. The other day while Peanut and I were playing she came up to me and said "E-mo go POO!" I looked at her and asked if she had gone poo and she shook her head and looked at me, eye brows furrowed and said "No, E-MO!" I was confused, All I got was Elmo and Poo, so I answered like any adult would and said "Really?! Okay." (I know you've all done that!) She then got up and toddled over to the diaper bag, pulled out the clutch and sat down on the floor ready to rip it to shreds. I walked over and tried to take it away and she very earnestly repeated. "NO! Ma! E-mo go POO!" Still confused I just let her do her thing. She likes to take out the wipes and lay them in a neat little row after cleaning off her table, so whenever I see her with the container I usually confiscate it immediately.

 She proceeded to toddle over to the table and lay Elmo down. She then opened the wipes and took one out. Spread his little legs and wiped him down saying "Poo, E-mo. I o-ay" (It's okay.) It melted my heart. I never taught her that. I'm sure after watching me change Duke and obviously her a million times she would have obviously picked it up, but it made me smile to see how much she loved her Elmo. She has such a  sweet and tender heart and loves to take care of everyone. She shares her snacks with Elmo, makes sure he has a blanket when they nap, and she's always giving him hugs and kisses.

I sure do love our sweet girl and I'm thankful for the joy that she brings into our lives!

No comments: