Saturday, December 28, 2013

When In Doubt... Legs OUT!

 Since my family was supposed to be in town, I wanted to do something fun as a group. I decided it would be fun to Zipline! Once word that my family wasn't going to make it came about Jakob and I decided to go anyways. (Thank you to Mom Tobler for watching the kiddos.) IT WAS A BLAST!

 A little map of our tour. 

 So we get orientated. Learn how to break, blah blah, blah (all very important and they made it very entertaining but not blog worthy details.) And then we drive up the hill... well almost all the way up the hill. We still had to hike a bit carrying our trolley's which weighted roughly 20 lbs each. It was a work out and the crew offered to carry mine but as a right of passage I huffed it up the hill. There was a beautiful view of the Vegas Sky Line! 

 Woot woot, stupid picture takers TOTALLY missed the skyline! (It's behind us!) Ha ha.

This is what we would be zipping down. Yup, I'm afraid of heights, but give me a harness and I'll be just fine. I love rappelling and rock climbing and while I was nervous I was way more excited!

 Our aliases were Neff and Fresh. Neff from Steph and Fresh because Jakob was so clean cut. Our guides gave them to us and I thought it was hilarious since we were the only ones with random names. You can see Shaggy (our guide) (who reminded us a lot of our good friend David) photobombing us. Love it! Here we go!

 55- 60 mph! Whoo hoo!! It was so much fun. There were four runs so it wasn't a one and done.

 We made a lizard friend while waiting for the rest of our group to go. Let me tell you they were totally lame. Our crew was joking, goofinga round and trying to get everyone to have a great time and they were having none of it. Jakob and I had fun. We danced, sang random songs with them and just relaxed. I loved our crew.

 Another reason to love them. Hilarious! The motto was when in doubt legs out (so you don't crush your toes/ legs on impact.) It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad that Jakob and I decided to go. Only 6 more months of adventures in Vegas. I wonder what we'll do next!

No comments: