Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Different Kind of Conference

 This year conference was different. Usually we spend the night at Mom and Dad's wake up slowly and have a delicious breakfast while we sit around lazily watching conference together. It is something I really look forward to. This year I knew would be different. I knew the men would be gathering for a "brothers reunion" and that the women folk would be left behind. I was really looking forward to spending some quality time with just Mom and I but then I realized that she needed to be with her boys more than me, and I knew I would be fine on my own. Never have I ever spent a night alone. If Jakob ever leaves I usually go to Mom and Dad's. I'm a coward but I'm proud to say I survived and actually enjoyed my time alone. 

I turned on my tablet and watched all four sessions of conference. Hands down my favorite talk was President Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude. That was written just for me I think. 


 While at times taking care of two children 17 months apart was CRAZY. It really wasn't as bad as I had planned. I of course was tried but I really enjoyed being with my babies. Just playing, laughing and loving on them.

 We made lots of messes....

 Duke learned how to climb the stairs. I told him not to fall while I got the camera. We then put the gate back up :)

 He was pretty proud of himself.

 I got a lot of snuggle time in with my babies.

 Duke learned how to drink from a sippy cup (finally!)

 Peanut and I played with A LOT of play doh!

 That smiles melts my heart! Pure joy right there!

 And the boys had a wonderful time! I am so grateful that my husbands family is so close. That they are all willing to sacrifice time and money to spend a weekend together. It was a wonderful weekend for all and we are excited to have Daddy back home. :)


1 comment:

The Mom Tobler said...

Thanks for being so supportive of the brother's weekend. I'm glad you had agood weekend inspite of being solo. I was sad to miss our conference tradition but it was so good to have the boys all together!