Monday, July 6, 2015

Calm through the Storm

While it was the hardest week of my life it wasn't all bad. Being surrounded by family and friends, the ones you love makes for some good times, my own calm through the storm. I was so happy to have this guy here. I am not very good at sharing emotions that are so close to home, especially in the moment. Jakob knows me and he was so supportive and the perfect distraction. I couldn't ask for a better husband.   

 Once the funeral was over there was quite a bit of down time. It was so nice just to relax. 

We were blessed with so many meals. The last thing you wanted to do at the end of the day was make dinner and it was so nice to have members bring over meals. There was so much food and we were very grateful! 

 Jakob got to get some donairs and his heart was happy. 

The best part was hanging out with Jess and Chad. I was so glad that Jessica was there! We need together when there isn't a wedding or a funeral going on! 

And while they weren't the best circumstances it was really nice to see my G-ma and G-pa! 

My G-pa and I are close in a way where we just understand each other. I'm his girl and I got to snuggle with him at church. I was so glad that he came. It was so nice to see him sitting there all fancy and hold his hand. 

Love you G-pa!

G-ma really wanted to see the kids and I hope that we will be able to make that happen this Christmas! It was great to see her and I wish we got to spend more time together. Love you G-ma!

I was to grateful that Aunt Carolyn was there to help. While I tired to be there for Mom sometimes she just needed a different set of ears and a sister. thank you for all of your help. 

Whenever I think of G-ma I think of yellow roses. They are her favorite and every time I see one they make me smile. 

It was a hard trip but there were moments of joy and peace. I am so excited to get back home to my little ones! Oh how I miss them so!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Beautiful pictures Steph.