We had 5 days between coming home from the family reunion and Duke's Big Bash. It was a busy 5 days but I tried to keep things pretty simple. Duke's birthday outfit was super simple and I just {loved} the final outcome!! Wonder-under and some fusible interfacing are key players when doing an applique. Best part was I only had to get a new onesie, Mom had everything else on hand!
The sign outside. Just painted cardboard attached to E's Ewok stick from Halloween two years ago.
I loved the vines and things in the dining room but I went a little over the top. Less is more when it comes to streamer vines. I used 4 rolls, next time I would stick with just 2.
Our pineapple palm tree! I think this was almost my favorite decoration. So easy and SO cute!
The finished dining room minus the cake.
I twisted some monkey balloons and hung them up. They were just darling.
Because of time limits I just bought the pinata off of Amazon. I would totally make my own next time, but this Dude sure was cute!
Because I went so over the tp with the streamers you couldn't really see the palm trees that were hanging in the entry way.
A few pictures of Duke's year.
The vine obstacle course which lasted a whole 30 minutes before the kids decided that it was funner just to run through it! Super simple but they had fin with it!
We had each of the kids make a little monkey. Davis's little had was the cutest (Davis is almost one.)
I love hand print crafts!
The monkey bean bag toss.
I painted the money out of cardboard. So quick and simple!
Our little banana bean bags. Love them!
The food table. We went with gourmet hot dogs. Kids Love them, the are easy and it was great for a tight budget!
All of the kiddos. This year was the first year that I really felt that it was a "kids" party. Usually it's an adult part with a few kids. This year that wasn't the case. I also learned that if you want to socialize with friends, don't throw a party where you have to entertain the kids as well. I was feeling a bit spread thin and out of control. We had a blast but I was a bit scatter brained. Live and learn! From now on, kid parties are about kids, adult parties are about adults.
Duke was so excited to hit the pinata!
McKay was really into it!
Have I mentioned that I have the MOST AMAZING friends? Jakob wasn't there so Aaron stepped up to help with the "Dad" things like hold the pinata. Crystal helped organize the kids and everyone was just there with hands to assist when needed. They help keep me grounded. (p.s. this is the creepiest face Aaron!!)
Poor monkey lost his head so we skewered him.
Jackson finished him off.
Duke was all about finding a candy that he liked and just eating it right there instead of gathering them up. He's so cute.
Magic time.
David was the holder of the Jakob (since Daddy was back home in KC).
Cake time!
Happy Birthday To You!
For the party favors we had bought a variety of little monkey's and had each child adopt one. Of course when you are hunting for monkey's you can never find any. Luckily we had enough for everyone!
All of the Monkey hand crafts.
Then it was time for presents. Duke was super spoiled with coloring books, crayons, a dump truck, a blanket, and a monkey toy! My favorite presents were a hat from Jackson and a cape from Aunt Nancy! Jackson went and bought Duke his very own hat similar to the one Jackson wore at the reunion. It was the sweetest thing ever!
And Aunt Nancy made him his own super hero cape. Talk about adorable! He was so cute with his hat and cape running around! He looked so grown up!
Jackson was getting ready to walk out the door and I told Duke that he was leaving he turned around from playing and raced up to give him a hug. I had to hold back the tears. It was the cutest moment. Duke just adores Jackson and I was so thankful for the family reunion and the little friendship that these two formed. They are buddies.
It was a wonderful party and I am so thankful for everyone who showed up!! Thanks for making Duke feel special! We love you all!














































2 comments:
Good post. It was a fun party. We have so much fun pulling these parties together. I will miss them.
Good post. It was a fun party. We have so much fun pulling these parties together. I will miss them.
Post a Comment