I have wanted a new couch for quite a while now. The brown one had served its purpose. It was a great couch, we got it for $200 on Craigslist. Microfiber, easy to clean and super comfortable. This couch has been through the ringer, lasting through three children, and all that that entails. We have also had several guests come to visit and they have stayed on the couch, some just for a night and other for a couple of weeks. But I was over the brown and I had ZERO intention of reupholstering it! I had found a couch that I fell in love with at IKEA but it was $600 and while that is a great price for a couch, it was a bit out of the budget. So I waited... and waited... and waited. Then there was a sale. $449 and that was the best deal I had seen so we pulled the trigger. And Jakob had doubts, but he loves me so I went shopping!
Sprout was an excellent helper. Gotta love IKEA and how they make you get all the pieces for whatever you are building. Good thing we live super close!
Honestly SO excited!!
My friend Heidi was borrowing a trailer and so it was super simple to get it home! We unloaded it and set it in the garage. I was so tempted to bust it out and put it together, but I still had our old couch. So I posted it to Craigslist in hopes of selling it. Jakob came home that night and by chance half of the Elders Quarum just happened to stop by. So five men moved out my old couch and put it in the garage. (Making a rather large hole in my wall during the process.)
And then I set it up. (All by myself I'd like to add for the record.) And I LOVE it!! It fits our space perfectly and really changes the whole feeling of the room!
It's super functional and the whole family can sit on the couch without feeling like we are on top of one another!
It also pulls out to a full sized bed. It's light weight and can be converted while someone is still sitting on the couch! This was huge for me. We have quite a bit of company and while yes we have the futon I really wanted to have an additional full sized sleeping area on the main floor! Naturally I needed to make a throw to have on hand for snuggling as well.
And the cherry on top, it opens up for storage! Needless to say I am super happy with out purchase. Jakob and I pull the couch out just about every night to snuggle and watch football or whatever show we are currently into. Jakob was sick a while ago and he slept out on the couch for three days trying not to contaminate me. It is so nice! And as an additional side note, I sold our old couch for $100!!! After 10 years of love I was pretty pleased with myself. I am so happy and super grateful!








No comments:
Post a Comment