For Grandma and Grandpa's birthdays I decided to gather up a box full of memories. 2 years ago for my Grandmothers birthday the 12 grandkids each gave her a rose and told her their favorite memory of her. I wanted to capture that on paper for them since all of their children are scattered throughout the States and Edmonton.
G-ma's was fairly simple. It went to this site and found the cards for free, along with the purse that was available for purchase. Adorable, quick and reasonably priced! My kind of gift! I printed and cut out all of the cards and mailed them to all of the grandchildren and parents in California, Texas and Edmonton. For some it took 6 months but I got them all back and organized them according to family.
For some reason however the tabs that the website supplied were too short so I made my own. I ended up liking the yellow better anyways!
G-pa's was a horse of a completely different colour! They didn't have cards or a box for him. I ended up deciding to make his box a family tree. I got the box from Michaels along with all of the embelishments. I painted the word "Grandpa" and glued it to the top. On the tree I wrote all of his Children's names along with their spouses. On the leaves I put all of the Grandkids names including Jakob.
I made all of the cards from scratch. If anyone would like them they are lake themed and I can upload a pdf file for you. They look very similar to G-ma's cards. It was a lot of work but they were so pleased with the end result. I hope that they liked having a little piece of us to read when they miss us.
For some reason however the tabs that the website supplied were too short so I made my own. I ended up liking the yellow better anyways!
4 comments:
Love it! Great idea, and sooo cute... I may have to use your idea for those who are hard to shop for!!
Wow love the end product! That is a really great idea!
Ok so I know for sure I want to make these for my parents, and I'm assuming I need to start collecting memories now because their birthdays are in October. Help me? all I know how to do is buy a cute box! I want cute tabs like yours.
it's super easy just time consuming. We need a date!
Post a Comment