Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ringing in the New Year!

 I am almost caught up via the blog! Only ten days to go! Phew! Remind me to never fall behind again! NYE even though it happened more than a week ago I still can't believe that it's 2015! I mean really!? Wheat happened to 2014? It feels like we should still be in September to me! 

In my personal opinion NYE is overrated. Usually, Jakob and I are working which is lame. If you aren't into the drinking scene and you have kids than staying up until midnight just means you are going to be extra tired the next day because those darling kids of yours are still going to pop up at 7:30 (maybe even earlier). But after having said all of that party pooper nonsense Mom and I attempted to make NYE fun! Pa got a bit of a power nap while he was playing dolls with E so he was set! :)

 We tossed these kiddos away in bed. We did let them stand on the table a yell "Happy New Year" at 8:00. 

 Then it was time for some minute to win it games. Ah, the cup stacking game, which everyone seemed to really enjoy! We didn't have 36 cups so we played with 21 and tried to see who could do it the fastest. You should ask Jakob who won! (hint: it wasn't him!) For the first time in our marriage I actually beat Jakob at something! I rocked this beast at 20.34 (ish) seconds. It drove him crazy that he couldn't beat me! 

 Then we had to pick up bags off of the floor with only our mouths. You couldn't use your hands or kneel on your knees. Did you know Mom is crazy flexible?! She ROCKED this game!

 Jakob.... not so flexible. But he gave it a good shot!

 Then they turned on a movie and I went outside by myself to play with sparklers because they said it was too cold. They were right, it was cold but that didn't stop me. Do you know how hard it is to do these sparkler things by yourself?? A clue: very hard! Nevertheless I had fun goofing around. 

 Can you tell what this says? Numbers are super tricky backwards! 

 Once the movie finished it was 11:40 or so and we figured we might as well stay up the final 20 minutes and make it official! We found a Spanish channel that was broadcasting the count down from Disneyland. It was rather cute! 

 Cheers!!!

For the first time in the 6 New Years that we have had together this is the first time that we were able to kiss at midnight! Proof that 2015 will be our best year yet!

2014 was good to us! We had so many adventures and I know 2015 will be just as crazy! Here's to a New Year full of excitement, adventures, laughter, love and family!

2 comments:

Rach and Clark said...

The Tobler boys desperately need to work on their flexibility. Clark almost falls backward when he tries to touch his toes sitting down. I guess they definitely did not get the flexibility gene from Jan!

Janet said...

You guys know how to party hard! Fun times, love the sparkler's pictures as always. Happy New Year!