Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Shopping and IKEA

 As with most visits with my parents we do a lot of shopping and this trip was no exception. Seeing as how we had just moved into our biggest home yet, we had a few items on our list. E was so excited to be with Opa and Oma. 

This is the first time we have lived in a city with an IKEA since we've been married and it's close (like  minutes away close.) It's a bit dangerous but we had fun. Our first trip we got a few treasures for the kids play room. Opa was wild with this cart. E sat down on the end so that Opa could psh her and she got a bit more than she bargained for. Opa spun her around and around. She had to hold on tight to her ice cream cone for fear of it flying out of her hand. I swear... we should have been kicked out. 

This is hands down my favorite picture of the trip! The smile on E's face and I can just hear my Dad shouting and cheering as they flew down the sidewalk. Hilarious! 

Then.... all of a sudden.... it wasn't fun anymore. :)

Poor Opa had to sit in the back seat, totally squished by purchases. Good thing we rented an Escape (p.s. I am sure that will be the next car we purchase... after a van of sorts. I Loved it!!)

The next day we were back at IKEA (5 times in 6 days.... yeah I think we have a problem!) E was determined to take a nap in one of the beds. 

 Back for the final time(without the kidlets), this time it was my turn to get a ride. 

Dad was pretty good at spinning me too! 

Then it was back in the back with Opa and I, only this time both kids were in the car so we couldn't put the front seats down, so we climbed in through the trunk. He'd climb in and then he'd put the seats up and I would dive over the seat into his lap. We were pretty ninja like. 

Oma would do anything to get a kiss, including putting candy in her mouth. Shopping adventures are always fun! Thank you for all of the treasures Opa and Oma, you seriously spoil us!!

No comments: