We moved to Kansas the end of May. It was a whirl wind! We had just spent two weeks in Vegas and my parents drove in from Canada 20 minutes after we had walked in the front door. It was literally, "Hey! So glad you're here!!! Sorry you just spent the whole day in the car but, Mom, you start cleaning and Daddy, grab a box!" May I recommend to all those moving to ensure that you have an entire day to unload. By the time we had unloaded the truck it was almost bed time and we still had to set everything up. I was so thankful that my parents were there to help sort, play with kids, unpack, and settle us in. Here is the front of our house.
The living room from the front door. To the left (not pictured) is the entrance to the kitchen. The door way in the corner is the way to the main bath, play room and bedrooms.
The wall from the couch.
My photo frame collection wall. Mama and I had such a fun time finding frames that would pull the wood, rustic, steel and yet a fresh vibes from my home. It was a challenge but I am in love with it!
From the hallway entrance to the front door.
The hallway doorway. There is a little coat closet straight ahead. Then the main bathroom. If you turn right, there is the kids room, the linen closet and our bedroom.
The main bathroom. It is tiny. There is a tiny lip around the sink which is an upgrade from our last house and there is a cupboard below. But unlike our last house there is no closet in the bathroom so we store everything in the linen closet right next to where I am standing taking the picture.
I do really like the tile in the shower though.
Next door to the bathroom is the kids room. Tiny closets but plenty big enough for a crib and *ta DA* a BIG girl bed for Ethnie. She loves her big girl bed and Duke is stoked to finally be in a crib! P.S. I seriously thought about making her bed but this is how it always looks, just keeping it real folks. :)
Opposite of the bathroom is our room. It is our smallest one yet but we don't need to fit anything accept our bed and a dresser in here which is a bonus!
While we have a ton of wall space in our house I was finding I still didn't have enough room for all of my pictures. I have wanted to make a collage wall for a while now and so I gathered up all of the black picture frames I had and arranged them and hung them up on the wall. I can't tell you how much I love it!
The hall and our growth chart from our room.
Back at the hallway door from the living room now looking left is our play room. We have never had a play room before and let me tell you.... I LOVE IT!!!!!! It is so nice to have all of the toys contained in one room and not have that room be your living room. My Mama, Daddy and I had a great time figuring out just how we wanted to set it up.
Love these storage bins from IKEA they are great! Plus those buckets are HUGE and can fit a ton of things in there!
And the reading center. We used picture frame shelves as book shelves and added another bin storage along this wall. We then made a cozy corner next to the doll house for reading. It's my favorite!
If you continue on through the play room you will come to the 1/2 bathroom off of the kitchen and the biggest closet in the house.
The kitchen. The hallway with the potty is right by the fridge. I love having some counter space once again. This kitchen has way more cupboard space than our last place. They are little and set up a bit odd but I am so glad that I can put my things away in a drawer or cupboard at least! I also love the L island. It's a blessing and a curse since it is a flat space, lots of things end up just being piled there. It is a lot of work to keep it clear! The door the the left leads to the garage and downstairs.
This is the smallest fridge I have ever had but we once again have a garberator and a gas stove!!!!! HALLELUIAH! Our dishwasher is also super quiet which is awesome!
My favorite feature though is being able to see the kids in the play room while I make dinner.
Our dinning room. We bought the table from the people who lived there before us. We can actually seat more than 4 people at the table at once which is so nice!
On one wall I hung up a string with clothes pins to display all of E's art work and creations that we made instead of taping them to the wall.
I was also blessed enough to have some fresh flowers sent to me by my brother and sister in laws Chad & Janet and Clark & Rachel. I love having fresh flowers in the house and they really meant a lot to me! Thank you guys!
On the other wall I finally got to hang up our picture of the SLC temple. Jakob and I were married here 6 years ago and I got this bad boy for $20. I haven't had the wall space to hang it up and now that I do it makes my heart happy!
From the kitchen back into the living room.
My main complaint about this house is having to go through the garage to get downstairs and outside.
To the downstairs.
From the door that lead to the garage. If you go through the door pictured it will lead you to the storage room.
The hall to the "Tornado Room"
We call this our "Tornado Room." There was no way that I was moving to Kansas without having a basement. While Mom Tobler was here she really helped get all of the boxes out of this room so that if it was needed to hide out for a while we could. It's the perfect space for running, climbing, and playing. I think that we will be moving the doll house down here.
I was on the hunt for some toy storage for down stairs. I went to this yard sale and I found this bad boy for $10! Jack Pot! It is the exact same as the ones upstairs but double wide. It has a bit of water damage but for what we were using it for it was perfect!!!
If you go through the door that was in the pictured before you will go to the storage room.
This is where the washer and dryer is as well. To the right though, there is a door.
Which leads to our office/ craft room.
It is so nice to have an office/ craft room again. It's a bit hard to hear upstairs which is a bit annoying but it is great to have all of our stuff in one place again and to have a spot to work!
At the top of the stairs to the basement is the door to the backyard. We have a window in the kitchen to see in the back but i still don't feel comfortable sending them out here by themselves just yet.
It's nice a spacious and fenced in. We have been so blessed with this home and I {love} it! It fits us just perfectly for now and I am excited to make memories here! Welcome to Kansas!








































No comments:
Post a Comment