Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Phone Favorites

June?! It was a busy month! Moving, visitors, settling in, getting our groove on and a last minute trip to Canada. Here are some of my phone favorites.

Jakob and I went out with a Realtor to check out the city. It was an amazing tour and I'm so glad we did it. Back at home Oma and Opa held down the fort. Oma was in charge of filling up the tub. She went to go pee before putting Manfred in the tub and he decided that he just couldn't wait! In he went fully dressed. 
 
We went and explored downtown a bit. I can't wait to really get to explore this city!

At the Crayola center.

This trip I really wanted to make sure we spent time together in the evening after the kids went to bed. So almost every night we were up playing a game. Dad and Jakob almost always won but they cheated ;)

Cuddling with Opa and not liking that I'm standing in front of thier show to take a picture :)

E's first (and last) Starbucks shake. $6 for a smoothie. I almost fainted! It's a good thing she's cute. She must have enjoyed it because she wasn't willing to share with anyone and drank the whole thing by the time we got home. 

So, funny story. Dad and I were coming home from one of our adventures without the kids. We were just chatting away as we turned the corner onto our street. I looked over and found a basketball hoop on the curb. I backed up and told Dad to hop out and investigate. He determined that he could fix it and so we quickly tried to fit it in the car before anyone saw us, nope, way to big. So I looked at him and said, I'll meet you at the house and took off. That right there is how I know I have the best Dad ever. He laughed when I ditched him, took something off someone's curb in broad daylight with no shame, and carried it home from the end of our road (it's a long road.) Seriously, I love this guy. 

We went to Daddy's office to explore. 

And stopped for some icecream with the fam jam!
E is obsessed with this dress that Oma bought her. She calls it her "park" dress. So one afternoon she decided that she wanted us to match so she dressed me. I think she nailed it!

 Once Oma and Opa left it was yard sale time! E is my yard sale buddy. We went to a sale and I told E that she could pick out one thing. She chose this little chair for $5. We brought it home and Duke decided that it was his. Such a cute kid!

 We tried the free story time at downstairs front Daddy's office. They got to paint after and Duke did an AWESOME job. I'm the one who did the dots outside the circles to show him how it worked and he proceeded to dot in every single circle. 

 E had a masterpiece. 

Then we went for lunch with Daddy. I hope we can make this a bi monthly event. 

 I love this picture. My poor mother. This is the day after my Daddy passed away. Mom and I just laid in bed together. She was just broken hearted and sobbing and I handed her a tissue. Some how a piece of it got stuck to her eye but it wasn't the time to take it off since she was talking. A few minute later she fell back to sleep. Once she woke up again I had just couldn't talk to her without cracking up. She laughed and it was a bit of light on a pretty gloomy day. 

Due to circumstances we didn't celebrate my G-ma's birthday but I hope she felt how much we love her! That's it for June, now onto a very busy July!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Your Dad is awesome picking up and carrying a treasure to your home :). Love the 1st picture of you and E beautiful ladies!