I'll admit it, I don't like the dentist. (And yes I say this knowing I have a BIL who is a dentist.) It all stems back to when I was 7(ish) and went in to get a filling done. I got all numbed up and the dentist started drilling but I could feel it. He insisted I couldn't but I could and told me to stay still. I complained again and he one again assured me I couldn't feel it. He wasn't exactly getting the message to I punched him in the face giving him a bloody nose. Not my proudest moment, and as an adult, I can totally see where he was coming from, since I would say the same thing to a child. From then on trust and dentist don't go very hand in hand for me. I have had several oral surgeries which I was awake for all of them. And as an adult I still am not a fan but I tend not to punch people any more. But this about the kids, not me.
I took the kids in for their first appointment. We went to a pediatric dentist who came very highly reccommended and I can see why. There were video games and movies in the lobby. The staff was amazing and on time. We went back and they worked their magic and E got all of her x-rays taken without shedding a tear.
Once we were in our room Ashley was a peach, showing them all of the instruments and letting them use them first. They had a movie playing and the kids just laid back and watched a show.
Duke was a champ and once they were done they got a balloon, a toothbrush kit, a toy AND soft serve ice cream!
Sign me up!!! E was so excited afterwards that she wouldn't stop asking when we got to go back and every time we drive by the office E always points and says "Mommy!! That's the dentist!!! Can we go?!?!?" Every. Time! Seriously couldn't have been happier!
After we went to Aunt Gretchen's. Gretch and I spend at least 3 days a week together. It was a bit rainy in the morning so we made a fort with a show.
Then we went to IKEA for lunch and went to the park while it was sunny. Then we just HAD to jump in some puddles!!!
SOOO much FUN!!
Then we striped down to our bare booties and headed home!
As E would say: It was the best day ever!












1 comment:
Wow what a amazing dentist! Who doesn't love jumping in puddles? love the action shots.
Post a Comment