Thursday, April 14, 2016

Taking Our Time

 I read a quote one day that said "Be the Mom you want them to remember." It was just the perfect quote, not about being the best, the cleanest, the do-it-all-all-the-time, but just the type of Mom you want them to remember. So lately I've been trying. One night a week E has dance class. Some days Daddy can take Duke and most others he can't. It isn't a big deal, but it just makes it a bit more difficult taking Duke. On this particular evening everyone was a bit cranky, it was dinner time and past bed time and I was ready to be done. But on our way home we passed Micky D's and E asked for a shake. Normally I would have given some speal about how late it was or how they had to have "real food" but instead I decided to pull in to get shakes. 

 We came home and took our time. Talked about our day, laughed giggled and just spent time together and it was so nice.

 Duke has been my shadow lately, not wanting me out of his sight and not going to Daddy when he gets home. Just a Mama's boy running up and giving me hugs. He must know I need extra love. 

 It wasn't anything big, just a matter of slowing down for one night but it made everyone a little bit happier. So here is trying to be the Mom I want them to remember. 

And savoring these hugs while I can!

No comments: