Thursday, April 14, 2016

Little Fish and Indians

Jakob is the Scout Master in our Ward. He really likes it! For the last few pack meeting they have had Arrow of Light Ceremonies. Jakob likes to make them pretty special (I love that about him!) So he dresses up as an Indian and I make the boys a mini headdress.

This arrow of light was combined with a fishing trip at the lake by our house so Jakob didn't wear the Indian costume but we did paint his face and he wore his headdress. 

The fish were biting like crazy! Some of the boys caught 15+ (it was probably the same three fish.) 

Duke had no problem touching them, so gross!!
Then E asked if she could try. Never have I ever caught a fish but since the boys were catching one right after another we figured she should be able to no problem. She picked out a purple pole and set straight to work.

 She had several bites but she wasn't fast enough to hook them. 

Then she caught one! She was so gosh darn excited and Jakob and I were so proud of her!!! It was a great evening and we look forward to our next fishing trip!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Good job E!!! That's a big fish you caught! The head dress for the boys is so cool!