- Weight: 35 lbs (90th Percentile)
- Height: 3' 2" (80th Percentile)
- Nicknames: Little Man, Bear, Pooka, "Duke Manfred" or just Manfred.
- Duke {loves} food! I feel like he is ALWAYS in my pantry or fridge. I can feed him a full meal and 20 minutes later he's begging for more. He loves any fruit, pancakes, quesadillas, eggs, and he will try just about anything.
- He is totally into cars right now. He likes to line them up, sort them. He's pretty partial to the Disney Cars. He can usually be found with fists full of them. He also really enjoys making car of of his Duplo legos.
- Duke is an independent soul. He likes to do his own thing and enjoys quiet play time. He loves it when Mama plays cars or lego's with him and really enjoys wrestling with E.
- He has a laugh that comes from his toes and you can't help but laughing with him!
- We started speech therapy this year and Duke is much better at communicating. I almost always know exactly what he wants, but he will usually follow my model pretty well. He is all about mimicking and says VERY few words on his own.
- Duke's favorite toys include; The monkey I made for him, Giraffe, Buzz Lightyear and his blue fuzzy blanket and any toy that sister is currently playing with. He likes to build towers with Lego's. He also likes Mr. Potato Head, balls, cars and trains.
- Duke loves Toy Story and watching shows. He would be plugged in all day if I would let him. Buzz and woody are a current favorite and he loves to play with all of his Toy Story toys and run around the house yelling EEEE HAAAWWW!!
- This boy loves to rough house! Wrestling and tickling are a personal favorite! He could go on all day long!
- Duke is super sensitive. He is 100% my boy and really likes to have "nuggs" with Mama. He will race up to you just to give you a hug or kiss. He will pat your pack or stroke your hair while he's cuddling. It just melts my heart.
- He loves to get into Daddy's tools and like to try and help.
- He's pretty destructive still and when he's mad enjoys throwing anything within arms reach. It's hard since he's still not able to express himself. He knows there are rules and is respectful of them for the most part.
- He loves clothes and still cries when we try to undress him most days.
- He loves dance parties and will get his boogie on! He also really enjoys watching music videos during our nightly dance party.
- Duke is now wearing orthopedics for his feet. He's pretty fond of his fancy shoes but doesn't like wearing them in the house, which makes things a bit difficult.
- He is on a pretty strict routine and his knows when everything happens. If he is late for a nap he'll let you know. I have tried moving him to one nap but he just resists! I would say half of the time he still takes 2 naps a day, just depending on his mood. Here's his current routine. Up at 7:30- 8:00 . Breakfast as soon as he wakes up. Nap at 11:00. Up by 12. (this is the one we skip if we are out running errands or if he's in a good mood and if he's not up by 12 taking a second nap is a bit harder.) Lunch at 12:30. Community nap time at 2:30 (E goes down too). Up by 5:00-5:30. Dinner at 6:00. Bath at 7:15 and bed by 8:00.
I just cannot believe that my boy is THREE?!?! I just love him more than words. He is my buddy, and he holds the key to my heart. I am so grateful that I get to be his Mama Happy Birthday Sweet Boy! You are so loved!







1 comment:
Happy Birthday Duke!! The Houston Tobler's love you to pieces!!
Post a Comment