Monday, October 23, 2017

This is Life

 I feel lately as though I have crossed a threshold and entered into a new stage of my life. We have moved from young with babies to somewhat established with children. E is is school, my kids are growing, maturing and they are no longer babies and I sit here in amazement, it went by so fast. And while I completely understand that we still have a baby, and are planning on having another one, things are different. Everything with babies isn't new, we have some dirt on our hands. New Mama's call me to ask me for advice and it's a strange feeling to have grown up. 

 I have had a few moments these past few weeks where I had moments of clarity that I'd like to share. The first was this same day that Duke was out playing with his dinosaurs. Duke was on the drive way and E was riding her bike. Jakob was mowing the lawn and I was sitting in a rocking chair, nursing Sprout and watching my family through the window and then it hit me. THIS, this moment right here, is what I had been looking forward to. This is how I imagined my life. This is what I had wanted. When I was a teenager, if anyone would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up the answer was always "a mom!" I wanted a family. I wanted a husband who would love and provide for us. I wanted children. I wanted messy faces, silly smiles and piles of laundry. I saw my life through taht window and while it isn't perfect, and there are still things we want, this is amazing. This is it's own perfect. This is what I wanted! 

 I have had a few people come to our home and comment  and say "I hope I have a home like this when I grow up!" Its so strange to be the one who younger people look to as a goal. I remember those women in my life who I admired, who I wanted to pattern my life after, who's homes I looked into and that is what I wanted. It just took me by surprise that I had arrived to that stage of my life, and to be honest, I couldn't love it more. 

Every stage thus far has been fun. I loved being a newlywed and the challenges that came with finances  (and continue, because lets be serious, there are always challenges), and learning each other and finding your role as a wife. I loved being a first time Mama and the awe and wonder that came with that. I loved having two, moving and meeting new people, shaking things up and embracing the chaos. I love the faith that it took to reach outside of our wants and accept a job with so many uncertainties in a city we knew nothing about. I loved settling in, trying to get pregnant again and making new friends. I loved finding our first home and the excitement and terror that came with that! I loved welcoming Sprout into our lives and I love our family, our lives and this stage. This stage is good! And I love that there is SOOOO much more to come. I have been so blessed. My heart is so full and I can see the Lord's hand through every step of our journey. I know that he loves us. I know that he cares, that he leads and protects us. I know that the best is yet to come and I am loving finding the joy in our journey!!

1 comment:

violinnp said...

So glad that you are enjoying this fleeting stage of life! There are always challenges but we always see the growth that comes with those challenges. The challenge is to find joy in each stage of challenges. You have found that joy in motherhood! Love you and your growing family so much!