WARNING: THIS POST MAY BE A BIT TOO MUCH FOR YOU and/or CHANGE YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT US. It's a bit risk-ay and obviously not up everyone's alley, but this is judgement free zone and our own personal blog SO if you choose to read on, do so of your own free will and choice!
One evening while laying in bed Jakob leaned over from his laptop and said "You have got to check this out! It may either be the worst or the best idea I'll let you decide." So head handed me some ear buds and I watch the trailer for 'Star Wars: Empire Strips Back.' I was immediately SOLD! It was a burlesque show and there were no naked boobies or booties and it was STAR WARS themed. I was pumped! So we got some tickets and we had ourselves a fun date night. We had some time before the show so we Googled a place for dinner. Turns out there was a hamburger spot right next door to the theater so we walked over. Jakob wanted a picture with Hamburger Mary.
We sat down and I looked around and I leaned over to Jakob and said "Babe, I think we're in a gay bar?!" He looked around and was like "Nawww." Then over the loudspeaker an announcement calls our "You're drag queen for the night!..." OH EM GEE!!! It was amazing!! They had Drag Queen bingo going on and it was hilarious. Also, they may or not have had the most amazing french fries I have ever had!
We went next door and saw our show. It was incredible. the dancing was sensational, sexy, but not ronchy and our favorite part was it was funny! There were several times Jakob and I were laughing out loud! They did SUCH a fantastic job! The crowd was a unique mix too, lots of Gramma's and couples. It was a blast.
We met the cast afterwards. Han Solo may have been the star of the show, well, him a Chewy. So much comedy! And there is our confession. I've been to a burlesque show, would I go to Thunder from Down under or Zoomanity, probably not. I don't feel like this was the same kind of show. Jakob and I had a great time!




No comments:
Post a Comment