I was pretty confident about what I wanted to do for this cake. I made two 8" rounds for the body and quickly realized that they were going to be WAY too big! So I dug around in the freezer and found a few left over cake rounds from E's owl cake and I started piecing this bad boy together.
I ended up using 2-6" round for the body. I cut the 8" round in half trimmed it down for the head. I then used Costco muffins for the legs and nose and scraps for the paws.
I started working on the fur and OH EM GEE, it was horrible. I have never used a fur tip and there was a learning curve for sure. I wouldn't say I'm skilled even slightly but it did come together pretty quick and the fur tip hides a lot of mistakes.
I he looks like a bear... and at this point it was 11:30 and I just couldn't even care.
We used a leather button for the nose, and I tore apart and puppy stuffy we got at the thrift store it really finished him off. We tried a few other eyes and they were CREEEEEEEPY!
Jakob went to the park early to save our spot and he left little puppy in the sun... and his face totally melted off. I was SO sad but thankfully I brought the frosting and was able to fix him. and he was cute.
Sprout sure did like his puppy, he doesn't even like cake, but he liked his puppy. Happy birthday sweet boy!









No comments:
Post a Comment