Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Sprout's Birthday

Happy Birthday Eve. Last day you are 2! 

Blessing and curses to having a Covid-19 birthday. Things are super low key, but I feel bad because gosh darn it birthdays are to be celebrated. So in hopes of making Sprout feel special, we decided to do things he loved. First item, playing basketball on the big hoop with his NEW Spiderman Basketball from Aunt Michelle! Holy man that boy was excited! 

Opening his basketball. Pure joy!

And because I have literally no other pictures to present for his birthday party I'm going to post about a hundred of Sprout and his cake. I asked him probably 10 times what treat he wanted for his birthday and every time he would say and basketball hoop cake. It should be noted that Sprout doesn't like cake.... at all. So I was surprised when he continually said he wanted cake.

So cake I made. I was going to do three layers and cut it into a spher but that sounded like a nightmare. And then it came to me.... in a dream... literally.... cake pop. Or at least one massive cake pop. I should have used fondant but I was not feeling like going that all out so I covered it in cream cheese frosting. The hoop was made out of candy melts and it was easy peasy. I didn't have a base so rice it was. I really like how it gives it that 2020 pandemic feel. 

And was he excited?! You bet!!!! He was thrilled and I was so happy.

That headband kills me! I really loved that he had something that he could eat off of his cake. He was pretty excited about that basketball hoop. 

And then he dropped the ball on the table. Which was actually hilarious. 

Happy birthday to this sweet, wild, super talented little boy. Oh Sprout you are so loved!

No comments: