Duke came to me with a request for some Star Wars pegs. I was really excited to do something creative! I was looking online for some inspiration and I was not impressed with what I saw from Darth Vader and the Storm Troopers. I wanted to build up a helmet, so I tried using wood filler.
It was stuff made out of dreams! I added the outer layer, and then once it was dry I started carving it out.
It added so much texture and I was giddy the whole time I worked on it!
Here's the line up! You may want to have the imperial march playing the background. Don't worry, I'll link it for you.
We cut the head off of one of the pegs for R2D2 and he was the perfect height.
These give me alllll of the feels.
My inner nerd sings just looking at these. The details are so fun!
The droids. I had painted C3PO and BB8 before hand but I was really excited to try R2D2. R2 was all about the details and I tried to be as exact as possible. There are things I would do differently if I did him again, but over all I really like him. The shiny silver paint really helps make him not feel so flat.
Chewbacca, was a fun one. We used a large peg person and some silver for high lights. I really had no idea how to paint fur. Still don't but I feel he came out better than the ones I had seen online.
The Jedi. Luke Skywalker and as Duke put it "medium aged Obi-Wan." Luke was tricky because he was all black. Trying to add some dimension to him was a hard sell. I really think that his light saber is his only saving grace. Obi-wan was FUN! I like the texture in his hair and beard. His robes give him a bit of life and his light saber came out looking awesome!
I made Leia and the Ewok awhile ago but, I cannot get enough of how cute the Ewok is.
I originally started painting because I have a set of nieces that I hadn't made princesses for. It tugs my heart stings watching them go through the princess stage like E did. I MISS IT SO MUCH! So I asked them to pick three princesses and I would paint them for the girls.... once I started I just couldn't stop.
This is my third set of princesses and oh my goodness, these came out so dang cute! I added so many more details and now my set looks so lame. haha.
I love this Snow White with the little ruffle on her sleeve!!
Ariel and Rapunzel got serious upgrades too!!
Belle is my favorite princess. I LOVE the rose on her!
With all my painting E wanted to paint too. We had such a fun time sitting together creating and chatting. It felt so good to get a few projects done!





































No comments:
Post a Comment