
Day 2: Last year Mom Tobler and I made sugar cookies and went to town decorating them. This year however we baked the cookies and somehow life got the upper hand so the lovely cookies took a back seat.
Last night after our delightful dinning experience with Mom & Dad Tobler at Buca di Beppos, (which we highly recommend by the way. Thanks Mom & Dad!!) I enlisted Jakob for some last minute decorating. The result?.... It was chaos! If you want things done right go to Mom Toblers!

This is my very own "sugar cookie" Isn't he adorable? He says he likes frosting... truth... he doesn't like sugar unless it's in gummy bear form.
We did however find a grand sugar cookie recipe. I loved the powdered sugar verses the regular stuff. Much smoother. (Duh Steph)
We did however find a grand sugar cookie recipe. I loved the powdered sugar verses the regular stuff. Much smoother. (Duh Steph)
Sugar Cookies
Cream together:
1 cup butter/margarine
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. almond extract
1 egg
Mix together and add to the creamed mixture:
2 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tarter
Chill slightly
Roll out and cut.
Bake 375° for 8 minutes until the edges barely start to brown.
Makes about 24 cookies
Happy Baking!!
No comments:
Post a Comment